Looking for the path toward a healthier you? It’s not hard to find. The journey begins with some simple tweaks to your lifestyle. The right diet, exercise, and stress-relief plan all play a big role.
Follow a Heart-Healthy Diet
There’s an easy recipe if your goal is to keep away problems like heart disease and strokes.
- Eat more fruits and veggies.
- Choose whole grains. Try brown rice instead of white. Switch to whole wheat pasta.
- Choose lean proteins like poultry, fish, beans, and legumes.
- Cut down on processed foods, sugar, salt, and saturated fat.
When eating healthy, flexibility often works best. If you like to follow a strict diet plan, go for it. If not, it’s OK, find what works for you. Choosing healthy foods and planning small, frequent meals works well. You don’t have to deny yourself anything, moderation is key.
Want to learn more? Visit our BLOG page for the full article.
- An aspirin a day keeps the STROKE away
One thing aspirin does is interrupt the process that makes your blood clot. Taking one every day helps keep your blood flowing smoothly and helps prevent blockages in your blood vessels that can lead to strokes and heart attacks. Talk to your doctor about whether it’s a good idea for you.
- Regular aspirin use may help women avoid:Parkinson’s disease
A study found that women who took at least two aspirin a week had a 40% lower risk of Parkinson’s. Researchers aren’t sure why. Maybe it’s because women tend to take higher doses for arthritis and headaches than men take for heart problems.
Want to learn more? Go to our BLOG page for the full article
Looking for that unique Christmas gift? Now available at our Woodbury store: Kubb (pronounced Koob) is a fun Nordic game of Mysterious origin. Some say it’s Viking and ancient; some say it’s Swedish and modern; most just say it’s the best lawn game they’ve ever played! The skill of the tosses, the luck of the bounces the ever-changing patterns of Kubbs to knock over, the satisfying clunk of wood hitting wood- once you start ,it’s hard to stop. So. Find a patch of grass (or sand or even snow), get some friends, and toss some lumber!
Now available to order at our Nutrition Store in Woodbury. Call or stop by to place your order. Allow 1-2 wks for delivery.
783 Radio Drive, Suite 104, Woodbury, MN 55125
Holiday Seasons Market Shopping Center
GIANT JENGA SETS
- LARGE SIZE: 27 Inches Tall, 54 pieces- 10 ½ x 3 ½ x 1 ½
Sanded $99.99 Unsanded $49.99
- MED/LG SIZE: 27 Inches Tall, 54 pieces- 7 ½ x 2 ½ x 1 ½
Sanded $89.99 Unsanded $42.99
- MED SIZE: 17 Inches Tall, 78 pieces- 7 ½ x 2 ½ x 5/8
Sanded $99.99 Unsanded $49.99
- SMALL SIZE: 17 Inches Tall, 78 pieces- 4 ½ x 1 ½ x 5/8
Sanded $79.99 Unsanded $42.99
CALL 651-788-7286 TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
Performance Tune Up ONLY $49.99
The Performance Tune Up is a great way to make sure you get maximum enjoyment and performance out of your bike. It also helps you avoid costly repairs down the road. The Performance Tune Up includes:
- Derailleur adjustment
- Brake tightening
- Hub adjustment
- Headset straightening and tightening
- Minor Lateral wheel truing
- Tire filling
- Nut and bolt tightening
- Check for chain stretch
- Chain/cable lube as necessary
- Light frame cleaning