Women who worked out twice a week saw less swelling in arms and chest, small study finds Strength training might benefit breast cancer survivors who've undergone surgery, researchers suggest. In a small study, weightlifting appeared to help prevent swelling in the arms and chest, a common side effect of breast cancer treatment. The study included 27 breast cancer survivors who did supervised moderate-intensity strength workouts twice a week. Each woman's regimen was matched to her ability. The women were checked every two weeks. Three had reductions in swelling and the rest did not develop any swelling. Many of the women also said they were better able to perform everyday tasks, such as opening jars or lifting heavy objects. Want to learn more about this post? Go to our Blog Page to see the full article.
Looking for the path toward a healthier you? It's not hard to find. The journey begins with some simple tweaks to your lifestyle. The right diet, exercise, and stress-relief plan all play a big role. Follow a Heart-Healthy Diet There's an easy recipe if your goal is to keep away problems like heart disease and strokes.
- Eat more fruits and veggies.
- Choose whole grains. Try brown rice instead of white. Switch to whole wheat pasta.
- Choose lean proteins like poultry, fish, beans, and legumes.
- Cut down on processed foods, sugar, salt, and saturated fat.
- An aspirin a day keeps the STROKE away
- Regular aspirin use may help women avoid:Parkinson's disease
Looking for that unique Christmas gift? Now available at our Woodbury store: Kubb (pronounced Koob) is a fun Nordic game of Mysterious origin. Some say it’s Viking and ancient; some say it’s Swedish and modern; most just say it’s the best lawn game they’ve ever played! The skill of the tosses, the luck of the bounces the ever-changing patterns of Kubbs to knock over, the satisfying clunk of wood hitting wood- once you start ,it’s hard to stop. So. Find a patch of grass (or sand or even snow), get some friends, and toss some lumber!
Now available to order at our Nutrition Store in Woodbury. Call or stop by to place your order. Allow 1-2 wks for delivery. PH 651-788-7286. 783 Radio Drive, Suite 104, Woodbury, MN 55125 Holiday Seasons Market Shopping Center GIANT JENGA SETS
- LARGE SIZE: 27 Inches Tall, 54 pieces- 10 ½ x 3 ½ x 1 ½
- MED/LG SIZE: 27 Inches Tall, 54 pieces- 7 ½ x 2 ½ x 1 ½
- MED SIZE: 17 Inches Tall, 78 pieces- 7 ½ x 2 ½ x 5/8
- SMALL SIZE: 17 Inches Tall, 78 pieces- 4 ½ x 1 ½ x 5/8
CALL 651-788-7286 TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENTPerformance Tune Up ONLY $49.99 The Performance Tune Up is a great way to make sure you get maximum enjoyment and performance out of your bike. It also helps you avoid costly repairs down the road. The Performance Tune Up includes:
- Derailleur adjustment
- Brake tightening
- Hub adjustment
- Headset straightening and tightening
- Minor Lateral wheel truing
- Tire filling
- Nut and bolt tightening
- Check for chain stretch
- Chain/cable lube as necessary
- Light frame cleaning